28 September 2010

Bienvenue à Coutances!

Bonjour Tout le Monde!
I safely arrived yesterday in Coutances. I was dead tired but everything went well. The plane got in early, my bags was one of the first on the carousel, I caught the bus easily, as well as the train. Arriving at the Coutances train station I made a small mistake. I knew from Google maps that the Lycée was only a kilometer away so I firgured that I would rather just walk there than dealing with a taxi. Unfortunately walking meant all uphill on only a vague idea of a sidewalk. I got there fairly quickly and to my room soon after. I thought I would finally get a chance to sleep but no- it was time to overwhelm me with French paperwork! All in all it worked out and things have been moving along fairly well.
My room is fairly simple, but nice enough. There are four individual rooms with a bed, closet, sink, desk and shelf each. The bathroom and kitchen are shared, the kitchen being a bit small, but enough. Coutances is absolutely lovely, with a beautiful cathedral in the center. I've gone on a fair amount of excursions already, including buying a cell phone, heading to the pharmacy for shampoo and other toiletries, to carrefour because I had seen it from my window, a small market for some food yesterday and a walk around town. I got some more paperwork done this morning but there is always more to do.
I think that's about it for now, love and miss you all!
the view from outside the balcony in front of the apartment entrance



1 comment: