10 March 2011

At Orrin's in Saint Etienne (Update Mini Series 4/5)

For those of you who somehow don't know about Orrin, Orrin and I met while we were both on study abroad in Dakar. We hit it off right away and he is a friend that I keep very close to my heart, despite the ocean that is usually between us. Almost exactly two years after saying goodbye to Orrin as Alejandra, Dan, Thomas, Steve headed to the airport, I was on a train headed to him.
Orrin is basically doing the same program as me, but in St. Etienne (a bit south of Lyon). He has his own flat, an even an extra mattress so it was an easy visit. There's many wonderful assistants in St. Etienne, though I didn't get to meet all of Orrin's friends since it was the holidays and some were gone. Most days were spent sleeping, starting with a pizza delivery to Orrin's ground floor apartment window, a café with friends, dinner, drinks long into the night, mexican s'mores with the tortillas I brought back from Texas (tortillas, chocolate chips, peanut butter and marshmellow or fluff- a Glen Spey favorite). From the four day drunken revelry I somehow managed to make may 6am train to Paris to meet Anthony.

No comments:

Post a Comment