10 January 2011

Sucky Sunday Starts Succumb to Sunsets

Sorry, I went a little overboard on the alliteration

Sunday started of rather poorly, but it was nice weather out so I figured it was high time I finally found that hiking trail I had seen before. Things seemed to be working out pretty well when I found it rather quickly and headed out on my way. The ground was damp and muddy (this is Normandy) so basically I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I started walking along and decided to go right on the fork, however this quickly led me into an area with lots of tire marks and steep hills. I decided I didn't want to be killed by a mountain biker since I haven't gotten my health insurance card from the French government yet, so I headed back to the beginning to take the other path. However my path back was slick with dead leaves from the fall, on top of muddy soil, so rather than walking back I slide on the side of my leg.

This walk was really doing an awesome job of cheering me up, huh?

The jeans were wearing through in the thighs, which I might was tried to squeeze a few more weeks out of in college, but doesn't really fly here. Once I got back I just threw them in the garbage, mud and all.

My day improved when in the afternoon/evening I met up with Meike and we drove out ot the beach to watch the sunset. It's always hard to guess what will be a really beautiful, it's an odd combination of some clouds but not too many. We saw a decent sunset- not the best here, but the smell of the ocean made up for it anyway. Then we headed back to her place where we made pizza and watched "La Vie en Rose," with a bottle of cheap red wine, bringing a much better ending than start to my day.

2 comments:

  1. Anna, The rest of your weeks will be wonderful because I just bought you a pair of JCrew jeans. Brand new, clean jeans for you. They will be the first thing I pack in the suitcase to go to Normandy in February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!

    I'll probably be wearing them on the plane home too, because pretty much all my clothes are getting left here!

    ReplyDelete