21 December 2010

Noël! Des Lumières et le Marché de Noël

With all the travels, delays, and adventures I've missed some important updates. Coutances is showered in beautiful lights on all the streets leading up to Christmas as well as a market in the center of town. I've loved walking around at night just for the lights. It would be baby Shane's dream- so much to look at! Daytime photos are in this post, and for the sake of uploading photos, Christmas lights are in the other.

Christmas market with the Cathedral in the background

Christmas market with the Town Hall in the back!

They let a bunch of balloons go for no reason- I hope no animals choke on them!


I got a "bouchette de Noel" from a local bakery. It was just a small personal sized one rather than a family sized one most Frenchies have on Christmas. I still remember baking (and burning) one for French class in middle school with Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment